BIRDS provide both technical and management consultancy in obtaining accreditations to the establishments in Food Industry.
BIRDS provide consultancy for obtaining/renewing the following certifications in the food industry for established food producers. The services include planning, coordinating, document preparations, training, necessary reviews, audit facilitations and certification.
1. HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) It is an internationally recognized method of identifying and managing food safety related risk and, when central to an active food safety program, can provide your customers, the public, and regulatory agencies assurance that a food safety program is well managed.
2. BRC(British Retail Consortium) BRC certification is an internationally recognized mark of food safety and quality. Certification is achieved by undertaking a third-party audit against Standard requirements by an accredited certification body. Food safety is of critical importance when working in the food supply chain. The BRC Global Standard for Food Safety certification gives your brand an internationally recognised mark of food quality, safety and responsibility.
3. IFS( International Food Standard) is a common food safety standard with a uniform evaluation system used to qualify and select suppliers. It helps retailers ensure the food safety of their products and monitors the quality level of producers of retailer branded food products.
4. ISO(International Organization for Standardization) ISO certification certifies that a management system, manufacturing process, service, or documentation procedure has all the requirements for standardization and quality assurance. ISO standards are in place to ensure consistency. Each certification has separate standards and criteria and is classified numerically.
5. FSMA(Food Safety Modernization Act) If you are a food manufacturing facility supplying to the United States, it is time to upgrade your knowledge and make sure your Preventive Controls Qualified Individuals (PCQI) are also well versed on US food regulations. The FDA Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) is transforming the nation’s food safety system into one that is based on the prevention of foodborne illnesses. It will be a system in which the food industry systematically puts in place measures proven effective in preventing contamination.Keeping food safe to eat is paramount, no matter where it is produced, whether conventional or organic, whether the operation is small, medium or large, whether it’s produce or processed foods.The FDA has finalized the foundational rules that will implement FSMA, including the Preventive Controls rules for Human and Animal Food, the Produce Safety rule, and the Foreign Supplier Verification Programs (FSVP) rule.
6. ASC(Aquaculture Stewardship Council) It establishes protocol on farmed seafood while ensuring sustainable aquaculture. The ASC provides sustainable and responsible aquaculture producers with a stringent certification and labelling scheme guaranteeing to consumers that the seafood they are purchasing is sustainable for the environment, and socially responsible.
7. BAP(Best Aquaculture Practices) It is one of the most comprehensive and best-known certification systems for ensuring the sustainability of aquaculture products. This standard encompasses the entire production chain, including farms, processing plants, hatcheries and feed mills.
Food industries don’t have proper experienced consultancies for their turnkey projects. BIRDS, being a subsidiary of Bell Group of Companies have all expertise in guiding setting up of new food industries and thereby undertaking turn key projects.